Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Under the Tuscan Sun





Another great day!    We were on an all day tour that took us from Florence to Pisa with various stops along the way. We had lunch at a villa where they made everything but the cheese. Yes, we had lunch under the Tuscan sun and it was all we had hoped it would be. We started out with bread, white wine and a lesson in wine tasting. Our second course was rigatoni with red wine. The third course consisted of salad and whatever wine was left on the table. By the time the fourth course, which was antipasti and more red wine, was served, I didn’t think I could eat another bite. Just as I was ready to call it quits, they brought out biscotti and desert wine.  Suddenly, I had more room. As I was getting up to leave the table, I noticed that Katie’s desert wine was practically untouched.  Not wanting her to offend anyone by leaving a full glass of wine, I picked it up and quickly downed it like a shot.  It was a dirty job, but someone had to do it.


While I was unable to convert Katie to a wine drinker, she was a sport and tried each wine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment