The
time had come to say goodbye to Rome and board a train bound for Florence, or
Firenze, as we locals like to call it.
Due to great planning on Katie’s part we were only about a block from
the train station, which was good because I don’t think she could have carried
both our back packs much further than that. The train station was big and a bit
confusing. A nice gentleman, seeing the
confusion on our faces, asked if we needed assistance. I was expecting him to just give us
directions but he practically took us by the hand and took us to our boarding
area. On the way, Katie gave me two euro
to give him. I thought it would insult
him that we were giving him money for his kindness. Instead, he looked at the money and asked for
more. I have to hand it to Katie, I
didn’t see that one coming. I’m pretty
sure it was not listed in any of the travel warnings.
No comments:
Post a Comment